Sarah Smarr, Instructor
Class CA - Hairdressing and Manicuring will prepare the student to practice all phases of the profession. This includes Shampoo, Hair Analysis, Hair Shaping, Hair Coloring, Chemical Relaxing, Thermal Waving, Cosmetic Nail Care, Beauty Salon Management and State Board of Cosmetology Rules and Regulations. Upon completion of the program the student is elgible to apply to the Missouri State Boards for Licensing of Cosmetologists.
Length of Class
1220 hours. August - May, 5 days a week.
17 years of age, High School Diploma or GED, good health, good moral character, desire to work with the public, and pre-entrance aptitude test.
- Bacteriology - Sterilization & Sanitation
- Hair Styling & Finger Waves
- Thermal Curling & Blow Drying
- Skin Care, Make-Up & Facial
- State Board Rules and Regulations
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Permanent Waves
- Shampooing & Rinses
- Hair Coloring
- Chemical Relaxing
- Manicuring & Artificial Nails
- Cosmetic Chemistry
- Hair Shaping
- Hair Color Technician
- Hair Electrologist
- Perm Wave Technician
- Skin Care Technician
- Make-Up Artist
- Nail Sculpting Artist
- Salon Manager
- Salon Owner
- Sales Field - Wholesale & Retail
- Instructor & School Owner
- Hair Stylist on Cruise Ship
- Hair Stylist for Hospitals & Nursing Centers
- Product Educator
Depending on individual ability experience, and location. Cosmetologists must consider updating their skills periodically.
After establishing clientele, a licensed cosmetologist can expect to make between $12,000 - $20,000 per year.
Instructor Trainee Course
- High School Diploma or GED
- Hold a Missouri Class CA - Hairdressing and Manicuring License
- 600 Hours unless you have 3 years experience in the field then no additional hours are needed